This is the blog of the Sustrans Volunteer Rangers group in the Erewash Valley and surrounding area of Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire. We look after the Nutbrook Trail (NCR67), NCR6 from Hucknall to Clipstone, the Ripley Greenway, Silverhill Trail and Teversal Trails, Blackwell Trail and Timberland Trail. We organize workdays, signing days and rides.
Tuesday, 22 June 2010
Speeding cyclists
I had an email today from John Nuttall of British Waterways who says that he has received a complaint from a member of the public concerning cyclists speeding, sometimes in groups (by which I understand two-abreast; it is difficult to envisage more than this) on the Erewash Canal towpath. In my experience - and over the years I have cycled this towpath a very large number of times - I would say that this is rare. However, I would think that on occasions we have all seen cyclists travelling on cycle-paths at speeds which are perhaps inappropriate. John reminds us that the towpath, which is of course part of the new Erewash Valley Trail, is for recreational use. Can we therefore use our influence, wherever possible, to remind cyclists on this great little route to be at all times considerate to the other users.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment