Sunday, 8 April 2012

Nutbrook Trail workday and ride to Bennerley

Jeff and I met James Lowe (Sustrans Area Manager Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Northants) at Sandiacre Leisure Center last Thursday, 5 April. After collecting bundles of the Ilkeston Cycling Map, whose creation our group contributed to last year, we set off up the Erewash Valley Trail towards Ilkeston. We stopped at Tesco's for lunch and discussed a number of issues that we could be involved in in the future, then continued to the Bennerley Viaduct. James will be organizing warning signs to the public concerning the viaduct; people do frequently go onto it, as at the moment there are no gates. We walked the length of the viaduct before returning to Cotmanhay and carrying on to Shipley Wood and Marlpool. James set off back to Sandiacre, while Jeff and I did some signing around the Marlpool end of the Nutbrook Trail and delivered some of the Ilkeston maps to Shipley Country Park Visitors' Center. A successful and interesting day!

1 comment:

  1. I do believe that you have put on some weight Clyde!
    JohnS

    ReplyDelete