Saturday, 17 August 2013

LOPPING

I had an hour to spare this morning so I went out to my local patch near Straw's Bridge/Manor Floods/Pewit Carr. This is an area where there is quite a lot of vegetation close to the path. I did some lopping here a couple of months ago so today was just a matter of keeping on top of the job. 

Further down the trail near Sandiacre and Long Eaton there is quite a lot of growth in places and it needs trimming back with machinery rather than lopping. I think EBC and others leave it as late as possible so they only have to do it once a year. 


CANALS AND RIVERS TRUST




This a  sign erected by CART at Trent Lock. Well meant and quite funny, I suppose.  They are prepared to spend money on such things, but right next to it is a noticeboard full of information which is several years out of date. It would not cost much to deal with that.



 Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment