Wednesday, 25 June 2014

MILEPOST SIGNS

The signs have dropped through my letterbox today.

I've done some lopping on my local patch this morning: route 67 from Straw's Bridge north to Shipley Lake. The overgrowth is at its worst near Straw's Bridge and Manor Floods. The path and verges are much wider further north, and so less likely to be obstructed by vegetation. I also did 672 from Manor Floods to the A609. Along here there was a collapsed Crack Willow forming a low arch across the path. They spread out and fall over with tiresome frequency - and this path is lined with them! I reported it at about 1130. When I retraced my steps at about 2pm a Ranger from Shipley Park was already cutting it down. Great service, I told him. He said they would need to get their machinery along here in a week or two to mow the hay at Pewit Carr. He didn't need to say that - he could have just basked in my praise and gratitude.


It so happened that two adults on mini motorbikes came by while I was out. I phoned the police number, which rang for ages before switching to  recorded message. When they began to play me some music I hung up. I fully realise that the culprits would most likely not be caught, but it's important to make the call so that it is logged. 

No comments:

Post a Comment