Friday, 16 October 2009

Rangers ride through France May 2010


I am in the process of planning a 7-day ride through France, from Ouistreham, near Caen in Normandy, to Issigeac in the Dordogne, a distance of about 700 km. One of the aims will be to take in as many kilometres of French voie verte (greenway) as possible. This will be in May 2010 and will involve making your own way to Portsmouth where we will take an overnight boat to Ouistreham. A possible route back would be by Ryanair from Bergerac to EMA. Please let me know if you would be interested in coming along. It should be good! For further information on the ride, keep an eye on the site
which was used earlier this year for exchanging ideas on a 5-day rangers' ride through Wales.

2 comments:

  1. I hope the route does not go over this bridge or any like it, Clyde. I can't do heights. I would be taking the train, or a ferry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just for interest, and because you have raised it, Pierre (I was hoping someone would!), this is the 3 km-long bridge from a huge car park on the outskirts of La Rochelle to the Ile de Ré. A sort of park-and-ride where you get out of your car and get onto a bike! Or walk. Cars can drive over the bridge but drivers must pay a toll - quite dear too! The top pic shows hoards of cyclists returning to the mainland after sunning themselves on the beaches of the island. The bottom one shows some random family doing the same, but viewed from the car park end. Walkers don't share with cyclists (see the sign "Interdit Piétons")so where the 'rolleurs' go is anybody's guess! If we go over this bridge, we will definitely be lost!

    ReplyDelete