Spot the National Cycle Network sign! I took this picture while I was doing some signing in Worksop on 8 Sep this year. The sign has been chucked down between the older wall in the foreground and a newer wall with fencing belonging to recently-built houses. Why would you want two walls anyway?! Generally, signage in town was plentiful but often twisted by vandals to point the wrong way, especially in the Manton area. We will need to go back and do some more work in Worksop and probably Clumber Park. Towards the west, our territory now extends to Harthill. Keep a lookout on this blog for signing days in December or January.
Clyde, a similar problem occured a few years back in Lincoln with signs being twisted round, the solution was to drll a hole through the band and post both sides and drive a screw rod and then bolt up. This might be something you can get in agreement with the LA to do or for the group too.
ReplyDeleteDavid M
Thanks for the tip, Dave. I've noticed more square-section posts in use recently too.
ReplyDelete