Hello again! I have all the signing equipment that we need although, if any of you have any of your own, bring whatever you've got also (I don't know if you've ever asked Jane at Sustrans for any gear). Please bring a hammer for nailing the hard plastic signs onto posts - I have plenty of nails. If we have a large turn-out and we are able to deploy folk into litter-collection, I have loads of plastic bags and two litter-pickers. I will bring enough Sustrans-issue gloves for everyone. We intend to do some trimming of foliage wherever necessary, so bring loppers if you have them and/or a saw (I will bring one pair of loppers, maybe some secateurs and at least one saw). All of this lot I hope to get into my saddle bags!
I suggest we meet at Worksop railway station, at 0945. I will be coming by car and hopefully I shall park there. From memory, it is about half a km to the center of town, where Route 6 crosses the main road near the bridge over the river. I would like very much to get some work done on the other side of the A57 in the direction of Clumber Park, so we should work from the town center through Manton as quickly as possible. But, as always, we do what we can.
I have mobile numbers for most of you; failing that, a landline number. Obviously, the weather hasn't been very warm lately but I will call the morning off only as a last resort!
will see you at the station Clyde - presume you are parking in the main car park (south side, closest to town centre)...
ReplyDelete